Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.10 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 12-Apr-2015
Find that Renewal Notifications are not sent for manual contract renewals.
When the renewal type is set to 'Notify Salesrep', a notification should be sent to the individual identified as the vendor salesperson.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Set the following profile values:
OKS: Enable Sales Credits = Retain
OKS: Vendor Contact Role = Salesperson
2. Navigate to Setup -> Contracts -> Global Contracts Defaults.
Verify that the Renewal Type is set to 'Notify Salesrep'.
3. Navigate to Launch Contracts. Open the contract that will be renewed.
4. Position the cursor on Party Role = Vendor. View the list of contacts in the Contacts role section of the form. Confirm that a contact is entered with Role = Salesperson.
5. Open the Renewals tab. Verify that the Renewal Type is 'Notify Salesrep'.
6. Close the contract authoring form.
7. Position the cursor on the entry for the contract in the Launchpad or Navigator.
Select Tools from the toolbar; select Renew. Complete the renewal process.
8. Submit the concurrent request 'Workflow Background Process' with these options:
Item Type = Contract Alert
Process Deferred = Yes
Process Timeout = No
9. Identify the person noted as the Salesperson in the contract. Login as this user.
10. Navigate to Launch Contracts. The Renewal notification does not appear in the Inbox.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms