Secondary Charge Rule Not Working When Building Shipments Using The 'Show Options' Function
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
The system is configured to create two handling shipments for each shipment built by defining secondary charge rules.
this works perfectly fine when planning via bulk plan, or direct. When using the action 'show routing options' however,
it only works when the function 'optimize' is used. When using the function 'show options' and then select an itinerary
and press 'ok', only the main shipment and no secondary charge shipments are being built.
The secondary charge rules should be honored.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Configure a rate for handling shipments based on secondary charge rules.
2. Go to Order Management > Order Release > Order Release.
3. Select the Order Release that should have the secondary charge rules applied to.
4. Do 'actions' -> Create Buy Shipments -> Show Routing Options
5. Click on click on 'show options' -> select an itinerary ->click show
options -> click on 'OK'
Only the main shipment is built, but the secondary charge shipments are not built.
The issue has the following business impact:
This problem is generating an incorrect cost accrual for all order releases
where a handling in/out cost applies. The costs need to be manually entered by
operators increasing their daily activities.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms