Changing The Ship Method On A Pick Released Delivery Detail Unassigns The Delivery
(Doc ID 402270.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 22.214.171.124 to 12.2.8 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
APP-WSH-228467: You cannot perform an action on a new record Error
Find that when a shipping method has been changed for any order line after that line has been pick released, the delivery is unassigned from the associated delivery detail. Result is an order line with a delivery detail status of staged/pick confirmed with no delivery assigned to it. The error: APP-WSH-228467: You cannot perform an action on a new record may occur. Shipping exception is logged as follows:
Expect to be able to change the ship method after a line has been pick released, and not have the delivery be unassigned from the delivery detail.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to the shipping transactions form, and find a delivery detail that has been pick released and is ready to be ship confirmed.
2. Observe that this delivery detail has been assigned to a delivery.
3. Change the shipping method on this delivery detail.
4. The detail is unassigned from its delivery. Now there is no delivery_id showing for this delivery detail.
5. Other observations is in the Sales Order Form, query sales order and select Actions-> Additional Line Information-> Deliveries->Delivery will be NULL.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document