Line Level Lumpsum Manual Freight Charge and Backordered Lines
Last updated on JULY 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 11.5.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 11.5.9 in Production:
Find that when freight charges are applied in the Line Items tab to a specific line using
Actions->Charges, and the line is subsequently split into two or more shipments, the same
freight charge is applied to each shipment. This results in the end customer being double or even
triple billed for freight charges.
This problem does not occur if freight charges are applied from the Order Header, using
Expect freight charges assigned to a line to be billed only once, regardless of how many times
this line is split into multiple shipments.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Order Management Super User
2 Navigate->Orders,Returns->Sales Orders
3 Enter and book a new sales order with only one line item, and quantity on that one line item
which is greater than 1
4. Select the one line entered, and using Actions->Charges, apply a manual freight charge for the line.
5. Navigate->shipping->release sales orders: pick release this order.
6. Navigate->shipping->transactions: ship confirm less than the full quantity
7. Return to the Sales orders screen and see that this line has been split into two shipments;
for example, lines 1.1 and 1.2
8. Again, Nab->shipping->transactions and ship the full quantity on the new split line (line 1.2
in this example)
9. Allow background workflow processes to move the order past fulfillment to invoicing.
10. As the Accounts Receivable user, navigate to the interface line screen.
11. Observe the following:
11.1 Each line is billed correctly for the actual quantity that was shipped
11.2 However, each line was also billed the full freight charge that was input before the line
was split. In our example, the result is that the customer is double billed for freight charges.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users end customer's are erroneously over billed for freight charges. Users
must issue credit memos to correct the incorrect invoices.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms