Pick Release Completes But Doesnt Release; Shipping Transactions Form- Launch Pick Release Succeeds
(Doc ID 405480.1)
Last updated on JULY 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 18.104.22.168 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Some orders are not pick released when picked from the Release Sales Orders screen, but the same orders can be picked by selecting the action Launch Pick Release from the Shipping Transactions form. When Pick release is run from the Release Sales Orders screen, pick release completes successfully but the specified order is not picked.
Expect to be able to pick release orders from either form
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Order Management Super user
2. Nav->orders,returns->sales orders
3. Enter and book a new order
4. Nav->shipping->release orders for picking
5. Enter criteria in Pick Release form that should pick the order booked in step 3
6. When PR completes, review log file. It says Pick release completed successfully
7. In the shipping transactions form, find the order entered in step 3.
8. In the Lines/LPNs tab, see that the delivery status is still Ready to Release. This order line was not picked by Pick Release in steps 5 and 6, even though the log file said "pick release completed successfully"
9. From the Lines/LPNs tab, select action "Launch Pick Release" and click on GO.
10. When pick release process completes, review log file. Log file shows Pick release completed successfully, and it shows many more debugging messages than it did at step 6
11. Return to the Shipping Transactions form for the same order. See that the order line now has status of staged/pick confirmed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document