Warning Message when Receiving Item Numbers Greater than 10 Characters
Last updated on JUNE 09, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 11.5.9 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:RCVRCERC.FMB - Enter Receipts GUI
When receiving item numbers having more than 10 characters the following warning message is displayed:
"The maximum value size for segment Subinventory is 10. Truncating value 008257-126-H into 008257-126."
The warning message does not appear when the cursor is kept in the Locator field.
1. Navigate to Receiving > Receipts
2. Enter the item number and click on Find
3. Minimize the receipt header and go to the line level
4. Select the first line by checking the checkbox
5. Change the destination type to Inventory
6. Save the transaction
7. Warning message appears
8. The transaction still completes normally and we receive the item in Inventory.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms