FRM-40501: ORACLE error: Unable to reserve record for update or delete in OKSAUDET.fmb
(Doc ID 412050.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.9 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
When attempting to open an active contract for update, the following error occurs:
"Could not reserve the record(2 tries). Keep Trying?"
Click on 'No' , then get FRM-40501: ORACLE error: unable to reserve record for update
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to 'Service Contracts manager' responsibility
2. Navigator--> Launch Pad
3. Click on View--> Find and Enter the contract Number 'SVC00000031'
4. Hit 'Search' Button
5. From the query results section , right click and open the contract.
6.Click on 'Open for Update' button to open the contract for update from
8.Click on 'OK' button from the confirmation window
9. Getting the Message as "Could not reserve the record(2 tries). Keep Trying?"
10. Once I click on 'No' , then getting the FRM-40501: ORACLE error: unable to reserve record for update
11. Then, the "Open for Update" button on the form disappeared
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document