Receive Time From Otl Process Errors When Txn Date In Closed Period
(Doc ID 412878.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 11.5.10 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EXECUTABLE:RCVOTLR - Retrieve Time from OTL
When processing timecards that were created via Oracle Time and Labor and then processed with the Retrieve Oracle Time and Labor process (RCVOTLR) and the inventory accounting period is closed for the time when the timecards were created the Receiving Transaction Processor errors with closed accounting period error
RCV_ERROR_PKG 55: logging error Please enter a GL Date
within an open inventory accounting period.
Cause: You provided a GL date that is not within an open inventory accounting period.
Action: Enter a date that is within an open period. on column TRANSACTION_DATE
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Create or modify a timecard in Oracle Time and Labor (OTL)
2. Close the inventory accounting period
3. Run the Retrieve Time and Labor process (RCVOTLR)
4. The Receiving Transaction Processor (RVCTP) is spawn and ran from RCVOTLR
5. The RVCTP errors due to log file message concerning closed accounting period
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document