File Attachments Cannot be Retrieved When Filename Contains Special Characters (#,&,_)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Application Object Library - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After attaching a file via the paper clip icon, the attached file might not be retrievable if the file name contains special characters. When trying to view such a file, the file open dialog box may be seen e.g.; "Open, Save, Cancel", but when selecting "Open" an error message such as "Bad Request", "Page Not Found", or "Reference is not valid" is seen instead of the attached file contents.
One of many potential ways to reproduce this problem is as follows:
1. Create an XLS file. named as TEST #2.xls (Note the <space># in the file name)
2. Navigate to Vendors through AP Manager => Suppliers => Entry (or any other function where the attachment is enabled)
3. Attach the file to the vendor normally
4. After the attachment has been made and confirmed, try to retrieve the attachment.
5. The error message appears.
6. The URL will contain a portion like this
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms