How To Determine the Product Information Management (PIM) Patchset and Rollup Patch Version
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 11.5.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Oracle Customer Support often requests the patchset or rollup (RUP) patch version for Product
Information Management (PIM) when troubleshooting issues. The following SQL query can help you
determine your levels. This note can help you determine the latest RUP for installation on your system.
In general, RUP's are cumulative so the latest contains all fixes made in all prior RUPs. There are
exceptions like 11.5.10 RUP.E is required as a baseline for RUP1 thru 22.
Product Information Management (PIM) is also known as:
The PIM product is a portion of Master Data Management (MDM) related to item management.
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Product Data HUB (PDH), Product Data Librarian
- Advanced Product Catalog (APC).
See <Note 1151914.1> for more PIM Terminology.
For 11.5.10 customers:
- Out of the box 18.104.22.168 comes with PLM C. This does NOT mean that you are using PLM. If not
using PLM, you should continue to avoid PLM patches to avoid being forced to the latest rollup
- The PLM E RUP22 Patch 10098682 (Released as of Jan 24, 2011) will be the LAST rollup released
- PLM E requires a password to download. If you need PLM E and the password, please log an SR.
Provide the following details:
- Confirm if you use CAD View 3D or if you plan to use the same.
- Confirm for which platform and language you require the password.
- Confirm if you are already using PLM or if you are planning to implement PLM
and this is why you are looking for the password.
Note -- If you are not using PLM, you should avoid PLM patches as it causes a lot of
- Provide your patchset for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) using the SQL provided
in this note.
* This also lists some other important information that we want to review.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms