Last updated on MAY 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Applications Manager - Version 12.0.1 to 12.1.3 [Release 12 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You have created a Multi-Node installation of the E-Business-Suite Release 12 using Rapid Install with the "Edit Services" feature. You changed the services available on each application node, however after the install is complete, you notice that all your application tiers are configured to run all services rather than those specified during rapid install.
Why are all application tier nodes configured to run all services ?
Here are the details to illustrate this situation more clearly :
You have 2 Application Tiers (APPS1 and APPS2). APPS1 is running Admin- and Concurrent Manager- Services and APPS2 is running Forms- and Web Services.
During the Rapid Install, you select the above configuration via the "Edit Services" button as follows :
- APPS1 : enable "Root Service Group", "Batch Processing Services"
- APPS2 : enable "Root Service Group", "Web Entry Point Services", "Web Application Services", "Other Service Group"
The logic behind these service classification is as follows :
- Root Service Group (Runs services on AS, 10.1.3 OH)
- Oracle Process Manager (OPM) : adopmnctl.sh
- Web Entry Point Services (Runs services on AS, 10.1.3 OH)
- HTTP Server : adapcctl.sh
- Web Application Services (Runs services on AS, 10.1.3 OH)
- OACORE OC4J : adoacorectl.sh
- FORMS OC4J : adformsctl.sh
- OAFM OC4J : adoafmctl.sh
- Batch Processing Services (Concurrent Managers and Apps Listener)
- APPS TNS Listener : adalnctl.sh
- Concurrent Managers : adcmctl.sh, adsvcm.sh, ieoicsm.sh, ieosvicsm.sh
- Fulfillment Server : jtffmctl.sh, jtfsvfm.sh
- Other Service Group: (Runs services for Forms on 10.1.2)
- Oracle Forms Server : adformsrvctl.sh
- Oracle MWA Service : mwactlwrpr.sh
After the installation you see that the Autoconfig XML file is generated with the following entries for APPS1 and APPS2 :
Why are all services enabled on the two application tier nodes instead of the configuration that was selected via the "Edit Services" feature ?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms