New Edits On Unit_weight And Weight_uom_code Cause Problems In Master Items
(Doc ID 417094.1)
Last updated on JULY 02, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Item Master - Version 11.5.9 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:INVIDITM.FMB - Define Item Information
After application of the <patch 5452516>, unit weight no longer displays in the Inventory Master Items Form / Physical Attributes tab.
The value for this field is still present in the mtl_system_items_b table.
1. When querying an item in the Master Items form, you are prompted to save the record even though you have made no changes to any attribute.
2. When accessing Oraganization Items from Item Master and clicking on the Org Attributes, you receive the message: COULD NOT RESERVE RECORD [2 TRIES]. KEEP TRYING?
Expect the unit weight attribute to still display on the master items form.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility = Inventory
2. Navigation: Items / Master Items / Organization BIM / query item / physical attributes tab
3. Unit Weight will not display. however the following script will return values in unit_weight:
select organization_id, inventory_item_id,
unit_weight, weight_uom_code, unit_volume, volume_uom_code
where segment1 = '&itemname';
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot view unit weight for items and assume that it is null.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document