Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 11.5.10 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 17-Dec-2013
On 11.5.10 (OKL.H RUP4):
If Print Lead Days are used to future bill contracts and then a Termination Quote is processed (Current Dated or Back dated ), the Credit Memo(s) generated for the future bill Invoice(s) are for an earlier GL Period than the future billed Invoice. The Credit Memo should not be booked to an earlier period than the Invoice.
Credit Memos should not book to a GL Period prior to the Invoices that they are crediting.
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a Contract with 2 Assets with a start date of 01-Oct-2006 and Print Lead Days = 31
- Run Process Billable Streams to 29-Jan-2007
- Invoices for 01-Oct-2006, 01-Nov-2006, 01-Dec-2006, 01-Jan-2007, 01-Feb-2007 & 01-Mar-2007. The 01-Feb-2007 & 01-Mar-2007 invoices were generated as a result of the Print Lead Days.
- 01-Feb-2007 Invoices have Transaction Date & Accounting Date of 01-Feb-2007
- 01-Mar-2007 Invoices have Transaction Date & Accounting Date of 01-Mar-2007
- GL Dates in AR for future billed invoices are 01-Feb-2007 & 01-Mar-2007, respectively, so these will not book to GL until then.
- One of the Assets was terminated, with a Termination Quote Back Dated to 15-Nov-2006.
- Estimated Billing Adjustment - RENT on Term Quote for four Invoices for 01-Dec-2006, 01-Jan-2007, 01-Feb-2007 & 01-Mar-2007 is correctly generated, as these were after Quote Effective From Date.
- Run Billing and all Credit Memos from Billing Adjustments dated 29-Jan-2007, details on all credit memos show Accounting Date of 29-Jan-2007. Unable to tell which Credit Memo is for which Invoice that was credited.
- Credit Memos in AR all have GL Dates of 29-Jan-2007, so two of the Credit Memos will journalize to GL before the Invoices for 01-Feb-2007 & 01-Mar-2007 will.
The same issue would occur with a current dated Termination Quote for a future billed Contract using Print Lead Days.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms