Last updated on JULY 13, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Form:OEXOEORD.FMB - Sales Orders
***Checked for relevance on 20-Dec-2013***
-- Problem Statement:
On 188.8.131.52 in Production:
While entering sales order (OEXOEORD form), tax for sales order line is calculated based on the net amount , i.e. (line extended price - discount) and not amount prior to discount modifier is applied on the line amount, i.e.list price.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1) In the 'Tax Codes and Rates' form enter the 'Taxable Basis' as 'Before Discount'.
2) Enter the Tax rate % as 10.
3) Set the application of tax as 'Entered' in the Transaction Type form.
4) Create a modifier for a discount of 10% with Customer Name as the Qualifier.
5) Create a sale order for the customer for a amount of 100.
6) Enter the tax code in the line level.
7) Save the order.
8) Go to Tax amount field in the Pricing Tab. The value will be 9(Nine) instead of 10(Ten).
-- Business Impact:
Due to this issue, tax is calculated wrongly for all sales orders.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms