When is ASL Copied Upon Creation Of Star Item Number From Configurator?
(Doc ID 428632.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Configure to Order - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EXECUTABLE:BMCCCI - AutoCreate Configuration Items
It is noticed that when the configurator creates the new star number, the sourcing rule from the original item is copied for the star number. However, the Approved Supplier List (ASL) from the original item is not copied. It is expected since a purchase order using the star item number will not have a supplier item number due to the missing ASL record.
### Steps to Reproduce Problem ###
- Set up a configurable item.
- Make sure the base item number has an ASL record with a supplier item number.
- Make sure the base item number has a sourcing rule.
- Enable the option to create a star item number for the configuration.
- Enter a sales order for the configurable item and have the system create the star item number.
- Verify that the sourcing rule from the original item was copied.
- Verify that the ASL record from the original item is missing.
When is the Approved Supplier List (ASL) copied from the original item to the new configured item?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document