Products are not Placed in the Install Base for Non-Shippable Products
(Doc ID 428658.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A PTO model is defined to consist of shippable products, option classes and the model. The model and option classes are defined to be Install Base Trackable. After shipping the order, the shippable products are placed in the Install Base, but the nonshippable products are not.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Modify the order line workflow using the instructions from <Note 276412.1>, How to Setup OM Workflow for Non-Shippable/IB Trackable Items - 11.5.8+.
2. Create a PTO item and option classes. Open the Service tab for each item definition; enable the Install Base Trackable setting.
3. Create a sales order.
4. Configure the line for the PTO.
5. Ship the product. Run Workflow Background Process to close the line for the non-shippable products.
6. Navigate to Oracle Installed Base using the Oracle Installed Base User responsibility.
7. Search for item instances that were created for the sales order. Products for shippable products appear, but the non-shippable products are not created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document