Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.9 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:OKSAUDET.FMB - Service Contracts Authoring
EXECUTABLE:OKS_BILLING_MAIN - Service Contracts Main Billing
The amount that is billed to a customer is different than what appears in the billing schedule for the line.
This occurs when the Level for the Billing Stream is set to 'Covered Level'.
Steps to reproduce
The issue can be illustrated with this example:
1. Navigate to Launch Contracts using the Service Contracts Manager responsibility.
Create a contract. Enable the Summary Transactions checkbox in the Pricing / Billing tab to assure that a single entry is passed to Receivables per contract line.
2. Create a contract line.
3. Create three sublines, each for 20.00 for a one-year duration.
4. Create a billing stream, one consisting of 12 periods of 1 month, Set the level to Covered Level.
5. Review the 'Amount' in the first entry of the billing schedule. The amount is 5.00. Close this form.
6. Open the Pricing subtab for the sublines and then open the Billing tab. Review the amount for the same schedule entry. The value is 1.67.
7. Run Main Billing. The invoice amount is 5.01, not 5.00.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms