Order Movement Fails To Plan On A Non Primary Leg Of A Multi-Leg Itinerary
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5
This problem can occur on any platform.
01. You have an itinerary with 3 legs in which leg 2 is an ocean leg and the primary leg.
02. A Voyage is defined such that the ocean leg can already start at 21-03.
03. For leg 1 of the itinerary, you have a rate service in the system which takes 2 days to get
from the pickup location to the starting location of the voyage.
04. You then generate 3 order movements for the OR by using “with best itinerary”.
05. You then plan the ocean leg (leg 2) because every other leg is dependent on that. This creates a shipment with a start date of 21st March. This is the start date from the voyage and the expected result.
06. You now try to build a shipment with “Build shipment on Leg” for the first leg. This fails with "No Shipment Built for Order Bundle and is the issue . The reason is that the first leg is only possible for a transit time of 2 days (it is the only rate service available for this leg) . The lead time of the first leg
should be taken into account for the primary leg which is not happening in this case.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms