Last updated on APRIL 07, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.5]
Oracle Installed Base - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 7-Mar-2016***
When attempting to perform a Receipt transaction in the receiving organization during an 'Inter-Org Subinventory Transfer' transaction an error is appearing in the Transaction Errors Processing form.
The item is defined as Lot controlled in the shipping org but Serial controlled in the receiving org. The need to maintain Lot Control in the shipping org and Serial Control in the Service Org is mission critical to containing operating cost as it relates to cost per/transaction and efficiency.
- The Shipping Org manufactures and distributes the products on a Lot basis to avoid unnecessary transactional overhead in manufacturing and distribution.
- The serial control adds value in the Service Organizations in that it gives them the precise ability to mark the specific device with a serial number when and should it come in for service.
- It is this serial number that they will build and capture all the service history.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Define item as Lot controlled in the Shipping (source) organization and Serial Controlled (At Receipt) in the receiving organization.
1. Receive the item into the Shipping inventory
2. A new Instance will be created in the Install Base for the specific Lot number.
3. Perform an Interorg Sub Inventory transfer
4. Perform a receipt of the item in the receiving organization with a Serial Number
5. Check the Transaction Errors Processing form under the Oracle Install Base Admin responsibility
6. The record is in error and cannot be processed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms