Troubleshooting Document Approvals Due to Invalid Data in the Workflow Tables
(Doc ID 438004.1)
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 11.5.9 to 11.5.10 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 11-Oct-2012***
This Troubleshooting Guide is intended as an aid to determine if the cause of approval failure on Procurement documents (Requisitions and Purchase Orders) is due to invalid information in related Workflow, Human Resources or FND tables. Procurement approvals are dependent on these tables and the data must be accurate and synchronized. Some of the common symptoms seen that point to needed investigation of these tables include (but are not limited to) the following:
- The Build Default Approval List fails with error message 022-E APPROVAL_LIST_BUILD_FAILURE or PO_APPROVAL_LIST_WF1S.Build_Default_Approval_list
- Error 'Get_Next_Approver with ORA-20001: The approver identified by the following parameters is invalid: originating-system ID PER_ID' is found
- The preparer receives a 'No Approver Found' notification
- The 'Find Approver' node in the PO Approval workflow cannot find the user. The activity uses the function PO_REQAPPROVAL_FINDAPPRV1.GETMGR_PO_HIER that makes a call to function PO_REQAPPROVAL_INIT1.get_user_name.
- When using a response button (Approve, Forward To etc.) in a notification for approval (from the Worklist or Notification Summary) after selecting the user name from the list of values the message 'USER NAME' is not a valid role or user name. Please use the list of values to select a user role name
- 3120: Activity POAPPRV or APVRMDER has no performer error is found
- The workflow process skips an approver and moves to the level above him
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document