Receipts Workbench Issue: Duplicate Records Shown in Multiple Forms for Receipts, Payments, Bank Accounts, Payment Methods, Transaction Codes, Payment Process Profile
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.0.3 [Release 12.0]
Oracle Receivables - Version 12.0.0 to 12.0.3 [Release 12.0]
Oracle Cash Management - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem may manifest in various forms and will show duplicate data or an error message.
NOTE: The following lists several symptoms reported for this problem. If your symptom is not described here but you suspect it may have a connection with this, please follow the diagnose steps below to properly identify if you have the same issue.
Following are some symptoms reported:
1. Duplicate Receipts in Receivables - Receipts Summary form.
- A user queries the receipts with a search condition. Finds the receipts to be duplicated.
- The same situation may happen for receipts entered in Batch (either manual - regular, quickcash, Automatic). A batch is entered and the user saves some receipts. If the same batch is queried and user goes to receipts, they will show duplicate. Same effects if the receipts are queried in Receipts Summary or Receipts.
- If the Automatic Receipts Program is used to generate Direct Debits or other Automatic Receipts, the receipts generated will show as duplicated.
2. In Payables, when a payment is entered, the bank account selected for a supplier will appear duplicate.
3. In Payables - Payments, when the user key in "payment process profile" field for a regular payment, will get an error:
ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows
FRM-40735: WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM trigger raised unhandled exception ORA-01422.
4. It is possible to receive a slightly different error for an electronic payment in Payables - with same steps as in #3
APP-SQLAP-10000: ORA-1422: exact fetch returns more than the requested number of rows occurred in AP_AC_TABLE_HANDLER_PKG.INSERT_ROW<-AP_CHECKS_PKG.INSERT_ROW<-APXPAWKB with parameters (ROWID=, CHECK_ID='&Your Check') while performing the following operation: Get the IBAN_NUMBER
5. In Receivables, Receipts form: User selects a payment method and finds that the record is duplicated. Two identical receipt methods will appear in the list.
6. In Cash Management, Setup > Banks > Bank Transaction Codes, duplicate bank accounts will appear in the list.
Please run the following in SQL Plus (or any sql tools available)
1. Initialize the org_id context:
Replace '&Your_Branch_ID' with the Id from #2
CE_BANK_BRANCHES_V is a view that contains the bank branches.
If the bank branch is saved and later modified by an user, the bank branch gets duplicated instead of updated in this view.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create a bank, branch and account
2. After saving, query again and update the branch. Change something on it, like the type from ABA to SWIFT. Also, other changes in branch information triggered the same problem (it's possible that any change may cause the same issue).
3. After saving the branch update, reproduce the issue in the form affected. For example, in Receivables, create a receipt class and method and use this bank account. Then try to enter a receipt. The payment method is duplicate.
Explanation: When a branch is entered and then updated, 2 records are saved in HZ_CODE_ASSIGNEMENTS TABLE with CLASS_CATEGORY = 'BANK_BRANCH_TYPE'. Only one record is created as primary. This table stores HISTORY DATA, so this is the desired functionality. Each time a branch is changed, the history of the change is saved. But the problem is that the view APPS.CE_BANK_BRANCHES_V is supposed to show only the current record. So it should filter the data to bring only the 'PRIMARY' record.
Upgrade/installation of Release 12.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms