Location Already Exists For This Business Purpose And Customer
(Doc ID 452451.1)
Last updated on JUNE 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.0.1 and later
Oracle Trading Community - Version 12.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:ARXCUDCI.FMB - Customers
On 12.0.1 instance:
Defined a customer having a Bill-To and Ship-To sites with the same location name in two Operation
Units.When attempting to create/update any attribute of the Bill-To site,
the following error occurs:
"Location already exists for this business purpose and customer."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Receivables Manager
2. Navigation: Customers > Standard
3. Create Customer ABC
4. Define Bill-To and Ship-To sites with location name LN for the customer ABC in Operating Unit -
5. Save the record
6. Define Bill-To and Ship-To sites with the same location name LN for the customer ABC in
OU 2, using the same address as created in OU 1
7.Save the record
8. Click on Bill-To site details of site in OU 1
9. Choose a Order Type
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot update customer site attributes such as Order Type or Price List
so as to default them in Order Management at the time of creation of sales order.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!