Last updated on JUNE 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Public Sector Financials - Version 12.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Release 12 accommodates installations for the following types of organizations:
- Government / Not-for-Profit / Education (referred to as "Public Sector" in this note)
A Public Sector configuration is similar to a Commercial configuration, with a number of user interface changes and minor code changes. These differences address several issues, including additional Public Sector specific functionality and terminology differences between a Public Sector institution or agency and a Commercial enterprise. Specific components are discussed below.
Prior to Release 11i.8, Public Sector specific concurrent programs, profile options, lookup values, and other seed data were seeded at the time of "AutoUpgrade to Public Sector". Starting with Release 11i.8, all Public Sector specific seed data is available by default in a commercial database, in a disabled state.
To enable Public Sector functionality in Release 12, you must run the "PSA Govetise Application" concurrent program. This program replaces the former AutoUpgrade executable "adaimgr".
You must run this program if either of the following apply:
- You want to use the USSGL model of Budgetary Control using Transaction Codes and the Budgetary Account Types (mostly used by U.S. Federal Agencies).
- You are planning to use FSG Reporting with the Accounting Flexfield Segment Attributes.
You do not need to run this program if you want to use the following:
- Oracle Public Sector Financials (PSA) product and the Multi-Fund Accounts Receivable feature.
- Encumbrance Accounting and Budgetary Control using Encumbrances.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms