Can the Price Be Locked if a Usage Item is Priced Using a Unit Price Basis
(Doc ID 454753.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If a Usage line on A Service Contract is priced with a Unit Price instead of a Point or Range Price Break, how does Service Contracts Main Billing handle price changes that occur throughout the duration of the contract?
1. Using the Oracle Pricing Manager responsibility, navigate: Pricing > Price Lists .
2. Create a price for a Usage with these values:
Line Type = Price List Line
Application Method = Unit Price
Value = Desired Value.
3. Create a Service or Subscription Agreement that has a Usage Line, one where invoicing is done using Actual per Quantity or Actual per Period.
4. Enter a counter reading and then generate an invoice for the first period.
5. Return to the price list and change the price.
6. Enter a new counter reading and then generate an invoice for the second period.
What price will be used when the second invoice is generated?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document