Organization Access Constraints Not Honored In APC Change Simple Search
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that Organization Access is not honored in Advanced Product Catalog (APC).
Expect that when we define Organization Access system should take this into consideration and this
should be applicable to all APC functions.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Log onto Inventory responsibility
2) Navigate: Setup > Organizations > Organization Access
3) Give Development Manager to an organization and Development Engineer to a different organization
4) Now when you select Development Manager > Item Simple Search, system will open the page correctly
5) Now when you select the Development Engineer > Item Simple Search system will error out as follows
No Organization Access for User.
6) Now when you select the Development Engineer > Change Simple Search system will not error out at all. Ideally system should error out here with the same error message.
7) Similarly the issue is happening for the following functions
- Item Simple Search
- Item Advanced Search
- Search Associations
- Favorite Items
- Issue Simple Search
- Issue Advanced Search
- Create Issue
- Issue Reports
- Idea Simple Search
- Idea Advanced Search
- Create Idea
- Idea Reports
- Change Simple Search
- Change Advanced Search
- Create Change Order
- Create Change Request
- Change Reports
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms