Incorrect Subinventory Defaulting In Material Issue Details
Last updated on APRIL 18, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Depot Repair - Version 12.0.1 to 12.0.6 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The 'Material Issue Details' page in the 'High Volume Repair' screen defaults the sub-inventory incorrectly.
Instead of defaulting the sub-inventory of the defaulted serial number, it defaults the sub-inventory from the profile CSD: Default Material Sub-Inventory.
(1) In High Volume Repair, query a Repair Order (RO) for a serialized item.
(2) In the Repair Execution tab, create a job and operation.
(3) In the Materials tab, create a row for the RO item
(4) Clear out the defaulted serial number and try to save.
Result #1: The sub-inventory is also cleared. In addition, when clicking on the 'Save' button, the following error appears:
(5) Go to the WIP form and query the Job.
(6) Add the RO item as a material requirement for the Job.
(7) Go to HVR and query the RO again.
(8) Select the RO material and click 'Issue'.
Result #2: The sub-inventory that is defaulted is the profile option sub-inventory and not the sub-inventory in which the RO instance is located. In addition, the serial number field only shows 4 characters.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms