Not Able To Modify The Value Set JEES_CODIGO_POSTAL
(Doc ID 463088.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 11, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Financials for EMEA - Version 11.5 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Not able to modify the valueset JEES_CODIGO_POSTAL. The following error appears when trying to modify the setup:
You cannot disable alphabetic characters after creating a value set.
From page 2-3 of the Oracle Financials for Spain User Guide:
Defining Postal Codes
Use the Value Sets window to define the JEES_CODIGO_POSTAL value set. The JEES_CODIGO_POSTAL value set validates that the postal code that you enter for invoices has the appropriate format and falls within the correct range of values.
To define the value set:
- Navigate to the Value Sets window.
- Enter the name of the value set, JEES_CODIGO_POSTAL, in upper case letters in the Value Set Name field.
- Enter Spanish Postal Code in the Description field.
- Choose Char as the character format type for your segment values in the Format Type field. Char is the default.
- Enter 5 for the maximum number of characters allowed in the Maximum Size field.
- Check the Numbers Only (0-9) check box.
- Check the Right Justify and Zero Fill Numbers check box to right-justify the postal code and add zeroes in front of numbers if there are less than five characters.
- Enter 01001 in the Minimum Value field.
- Enter 52999 in the Maximum Value field.
- Enter None in the Validation Type field.
- Save your work.
It seems that step 6 cannot be executed when Autoinstall is done, which creates the value set automatically with different setup as described in the manual
Expect to be able to modify the value set JEES_CODIGO_POSTAL as suggested in the manual
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot complete setup
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document