Order is Shipping Today, Direct Plan Fails but Order Plans Fine in Bulk Plan.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Operational Planning - Version: 5.5
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
If an order with a ship date = today's date is planned 'direct', it fails.
If the same order is planned via bulk plan, a shipment gets built.
If the ship date is moved to tomorrows date, the order can be built 'direct' as well.
Why cannot an order be planned direct if it can be built using bulk plan?
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The following steps assume that the user has previously configured Capacity for Service Providers and has experience in this area.
1. Create an order that has early/late pickup dates of today 00:00:00 and today 23:59:59 and early/late delivery dates of today 00:00:00 and today 23:59:00.
2. Create capacity for a truckload carrier of 5 per day for every day of the week during that shipment time window span.
3. Create a TL simulation rate service that has no rest time and 365 days of wait time and 55 miles per hour.
4. 'Direct' plan the shipment and it will fail.
5. 'Bulk Plan' it, it does not fail.
6. Change all dates to tomorrow's date and 'direct plan the order. A shipment will be built.
-- Business Impact:
Direct planning logic cannot be used for orders with today's ship date.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms