Flexible Spending Account Deductions Not Calculating Correctly
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Employees that have a current FSA election, meet the annual amount for our last paycheck dated in the current year. However, because the last pay period of the year ends within the current year, but has a check date of the coming year, and they are making a coming year election, the last pay period of the current year with a paycheck date of the coming year, has a current year deduction amount.
- This deduction is for the current year annual contribution divided by 26 pay periods.
Then the second pay check in the coming year, has a deduction for that year's election less the previous deduction taken from the last pay period of the current year.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Identify participant with 26 pay periods of deductions.
2. Process the last pay period of the year for them.
3. Amount is deducted from first check date in following year.
4. Process first pay period of the new year. See new deduction for new year, and also see adjustment for deduction taken in previous pay period.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms