Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance: 08-Aug-2014 ***
Executable:GLLEZL - Journal Import
FORM:GLXJEENT.FMB - Enter Journals/Encumbrances
Journals imported from the subledger require approval.
The ''Require Journal Approval Check Box'' at ledger level is enabled, but the subledger journal source is not setup to require approval.
This affects all journal sources from all subledgers, AP, AR, FA, PA, COST, PAYROLL etc.
When running the Final Post from subledger to GL its not posting in GL. The journal status is showing "Unposted".
Expect that the journals do not require approval if the journal source is not selected to require approval.
Only sources that have approval required should need approval.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. create final post accounting from the subledger
2. run transfer to GL and import the journal
3. switch to GL and find the imported source journal
4. review batch
5. the status of funds and approval are both Required and the post button is greyed out
6. click on approve and get the message "Your journal batch does not require approval."
7. the post button is now available.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms