INCTCW Stuck Records in Inventory Transactions Open Interface with Error "Organization ID is either blank or invalid. Please re-enter"
(Doc ID 466608.1)
Last updated on JULY 08, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EXECUTABLE:INCTCM - Process transaction interface
EXECUTABLE:INCTCW - Inventory transaction worker
FORM:INVTVPTX.FMB - View Pending Interface Activity
Find stuck transactions with the following error in the Transaction Open Interface form (in table MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE), whereas column ORGANIZATION_ID is properly populated.
Several business groups are defined. The business need is to allow transacting in one business group only.
Profile 'HR:Cross Business Group' is set to 'No'.
Profile 'HR:Business Group' is properly set at responsibility level for each responsibility.
The problem does not occur when setting the profile 'HR:Cross Business Group' to Yes.
Error explanation in Transactions Open Interface form and in table MTL_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE:
"Organization ID is either blank or invalid. Please re-enter"
Test Case 1:
The issue can be replicated by importing any kind of transaction through the Transactions open interface as below:
1. Start the material transaction interface manager from an Inventory responsibility tied to any
business group. (per profile 'HR:Business Group')
2. Schedule it do wake up every 5 minutes.
3. Create the transaction into the open interface using a responsibility / operating unit associated to another business group.
4. Wait for the next run of the Process transaction interface. (INCTCM)
5. See the Inventory transaction worker (INCTCW) completed in error.
Test Case 2:
Also, the issue has been reported for Sales order issue transactions created in Order Management when using the Bill Only with Inventory Interface line worflow process. (sales order issue transactions get created at booking)
Here are the detailed steps for the case of Bill Only orders:
Consider the following HRMS and Inventory structure:
Business Group 1
... Operating Unit 1
....... Inventory organization 1
Business Group 2
... Operating Unit 2
....... Inventory organization 2
Business Group 3
... Operating Unit 3
and consider the following business constraint:
users are allowed to transact in one business group ONLY.
For each business group / operating unit, there are dedicated OM and Inventory responsibilities:
OM responsibility 1, Inventory responsibility 1
OM responsibility 2, Inventory responsibility 2
1. Switch to OM responsibility 1.
2. Get a bill only OM transaction type.
Assign workflow process 'Line Flow - Generic, Bill Only with Inventory Interface' to your line type.
3. Switch to System Administrator responsibility.
4. Set profile option 'HR:Cross Business Group'=No. (at site level)
5. Set profile option 'HR:Business Group' at responsibility level:
a) Set it to business group 1 for OM responsibility 1 and Inventory responsibility 1.
b) Set it to business group 2 for OM responsibility 2 and Inventory responsibility 2.
6. Sign on again.
7. Select System Administrator responsibility.
8. Stop the Material Transaction Interface Manager.
9. Switch to Inventory responsibility 2.
10. Start the Material Transaction Interface Manager.
Schedule it to wake up every 5 minutes.
11. Switch to OM responsibility 1.
12. Create an book a one line Sales Order in operating unit 1.
In Line Items tab:
Set order line type = the bill only with Inventory interface line type
Set Request date = todays date
(M) Tools > Scheduling > Reserve
Book the order.
13. Go to View Requests and monitor until the Process transaction interface wakes up.
14. See the Inventory transaction worker gets launched and completes in error.
15. Switch to Inventory responsibility 1.
16. Query the transactions in the Transactions Open Interface form.
17. See there is a stuck sales order issue transaction for the above created sales order with the
following Error Explanation:
"Organization ID is either blank or invalid. Please re-enter".
The problem does not occur if at steps 9-10 you start the Material Transaction Interface Manager
from Inventory responsibility 1 instead.
But if you do so and you then create a sales order in operating unit 2, then the same failure
Set profile 'HR:Cross Business Group' is to Yes.
Perform the following steps to reprocess the stuck transactions:
1. Go to responsibility System Administrator.
2. Stop Material Transaction Interface Manager.
Query on the concurrent requests as below:
In Find Requests window:
a) Check Specific Request radio button
b) Set Name = Process transaction interface
c) Set Order By = Request ID
d) Set Days = 999 (at the bottom)
e) Press button Find
f) The Requests window appears.
g) For each row with Phase='Pending' and Status='Scheduled', click in any column to select this row.
h) Click the "Cancel Request" button
i) Click "Yes" button to acknowledge the Decision message.
Make sure to perform the above steps with the System Administrator responsibility.
Now, perform the following steps for each business group / organization:
3. Switch to the Inventory responsibility defined for this business group.
4. Query in the Transactions Open Interface form for the errored records and for the problematic
5. Resubmit the records.
At this stage the records are just eligible for processing.
6. Launch the Material Transaction Interface Manager.
7. Repeat step 4 for the same organization. (ignore what happened for the other organizations /
8. See the records got processed. At least the error "Organization ID is either blank or invalid.
Please re-enter" does not appear any more.
9. Repeat steps 1 and 2. (stop the Material Transaction Interface Manager)
10. Repeat steps 3 to 8 for this business group/organization.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document