Coverage Start Date Different Than The Life Event Date for Required Dependent Designations
(Doc ID 467028.1)
Last updated on JUNE 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 11.5.10 in Production:
Find that when covering/designated a required dependent on a day other than the occurred date of the dependent life event, the start date of coverage for the dependent reflects the system date and not the occurred date of the life event.
- For example, if the "Add Dependent" life event occurs on 9/28 with an enrollment period of 30 days and is processed on 10/5, the start date reflects 10/5 after saving the designation.
This is not seen for plans that are set with "Optional" dependent designations only those that are set as "Required".
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to responsibility US Super HRMS Manager.
2. Navigate to People > Others > Contact on 9/28 and enter a child or spousal contact for a participant currently enrolled in Medical with option "Employee" only.
3. Manually add a gain dependent type life event with an occurred date of 28-SEP-2017.
4. Change the system date to 05-OCT-2017 and process the life event.
5. Access the enrollment form and change the election to a "Employee Plus One" option for Medical. See the note indicating requirement of designated dependent is missing.
6. Click the Designee button and click the "Covered" box for the new dependent. See that the "Start" field populates with the following date "28-SEP-2017". This is the occurred date of the life event AND the From date on the Contact record.
7. Click Save. The "Start" date field changes to 05-OCT-2017. The Effective Dates Start populates with "05-OCT-2017". This is the system date we are on when we designate the dependent and save the record.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document