Last updated on MARCH 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Cost Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Inventory quantity goes negative, the inventory valuation account was credited for the full amount reflecting inventory valuation at negative dollars.
Expect the Cost Variance account in the Organization Parameters would be credited for the amount of the negative quantity times the current weighted average cost for the amount that exceeded what was in the inventory valuation account.
1. Beginning On Hand Quantity = 0
2. Executed miscellaneous receipt for Item 184968 for a quantity of 10, at a
value of $1 each for a total debit to inventory valuation of $10.
3. Executed a miscellaneous issue for Item 184968 for a quantity of 20 at a
value of $1 each for a total credit to inventory valuation of $20.
4. This credit of $20 should have been broke out into a credit of $10 to inventory valuation
and a credit of $10 to the cost variance account.
5. The on hand quantity after number 2 is as follows:
On Hand Quantity = -10
Inventory Valuation Dollars = -10
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms