Bank Form Error: Updating a User-Entered (Not D&B data) Bank Branch Address Raises Error: "You do not have permission to update third party data"
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
You have created bank branch details manually, i.e. you have not imported this data through any source system such as Dun&Bradstreet (D&B). When you attempt to update the bank branch address, the following error occurs:
"You do not have permission to update third party data."
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Responsibility: Cash Management Superuser
2. Navigation: Setup: Banks -> Banks
3. Go to Bank Branches
4. Find branch name
5. Click on Update Branch
6. Go to Branch Address on left navigation sidebar
7. Choose Update to modify address
8. Made correction on Address Line 1 (removed a comma)
9. Clicked Apply button
10. Get error “You do not have permission to update third party data.”
Due to this error, you cannot complete the necessary corrections to the user-entered data for the Bank Branch.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms