Rerelease Order Base Action Is Not Honouring The Order Base Value of OverReleasing Set to Never
(Doc ID 470962.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.03 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 5.5.03, Find Order Bases can be over released even though the Allow Over Releasing flag is set to NEVER. This happens only when the lines of an Order Base is already released and there are unprocessed release instructions that failed due to the Allow Over Releasing check
Expect that the Allow Over Releasing setting of NEVER is always honoured
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up an order base with Allow Over Releasing setting of NEVER and two lines each with a package count of 'n' (where n can be any number)
2. Go to Order Management - Purchase Order - Order Base Line list the order base lines. Select both of them and click actions - Release Lines.
3.In the ensuing screen , provide the Item Count to be released the same as what is specified in the Order Base line for both lines and click save. An order Release is created
4. Then select the same lines and run the same action again. This time also provide the same quantity to be released for both lines and when save is clicked for the second line, the error message appears saying that the Lines cannot be over released.
The release instruction though is left as unprocessed.
5. Then go to, Order Management - Purchase Order - Order Base, search for the Order base and click
actions - ReRelease Order Base
6. The two release instructions are now processed and a second order release is processed, there by not honouring the Allow Over Releasing setting of Never
-- Business Impact:
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are able to erroneously over release orders when they should not be able
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document