Signon Password Failure Limit System Profile is not Working for External User
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2017
Applies to:Oracle iRecruitment - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.0.6 [Release 11.5.10 to 12.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 16-Mar-2015***
Find that Signon Password Failure Limit Profile is not working for external candidates in
iRecruitment. The profile has been set to 3 logins and users are able to login after having provided
the wrong password three times.
Expect the Signon Password Failure Limit Profile to prevent users from logging in after having
tried to login 3 times.
WHAT IS WORKING
The Signon Password Failure Limit profile is working when trying to log into PUI.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup Signon Password Failure Limit profile to allow 3 attempts to login
2. Responsibility: iRecruitment External Candidate
3. Try to login 3 times with incorrect password
4. Get the following error message each time:
You have entered incorrect login information. Please try again with the correct information.
5. Try to login a 4th time using correct password
6. System allows user to login
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms