R12: Tax Allocations in AP. Charging Default Tax Account
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Oracle E-Business Tax - Version 12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
How to get the correct account for the tax lines?
1. Responsibility: Oracle Payables - R12.AP.A.3
2. Path: Invoices -> Entry -> Invoices (APXINWKB.fmb 120.496.12000000.82 )
3. Create an invoice and save.
4. Select the Tax Details button and create a manual tax line.
5. Click on the Allocate button.
6. Select Item lines to allocate, then click on OK.
7. On Tax Detail form, click on OK to accept.
The accounts used for the tax lines default to the tax liability account instead of the account distributions of the item line(s).
This should work at the same way as the freight lines which can be allocated to the item lines.
The same problem occurs when using the Calculate Tax button.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms