R12: Does the Createpo Workflow Move to Waiting on the Background Process With Enhanced Sourcing Rules?
(Doc ID 551672.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 11.5.9 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
As discussed in Enhancement Request <Bug 4251463> 'SOURCING RULES NOT GENERATED WHEN BPA REVISED BEFORE BACKGROUND PROCESS COMPLETE' in 11.5.9 and 11.5.10 when using Enhanced Sourcing Rules the Createpo workflow (poxwfpoa.wft) was moving to wait for the Workflow Background Processor before creating the ASL and Sourcing Rule. This was creating issues on revisions of BPAs. The question here is whether the change was made in Release 12 to no longer move to the workflow background processor automatically when Enhanced Sourcing is used.
Internal R12 Testing:
1. Confirmed from Setup>Purchasing>Document Types that Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPA) are set to Archive on Approve.
2. Confirmed from Personal Profiles PO: Allow Auto-generate Sourcing Rules is set to >Create and Update and the profile PO: Allow Autocreation of Oracle Sourcing Documents was set to Yes
3. Created a new Blanket Purchase Agreement
With Supplier - xxxxx
Item - Liquid Soap
Entered Effectivity Dates under Terms
4. Chose Approve and under Additional options tag selected the Enhanced Sourcing as follows:
'Enable Automatic Sourcing' with Release Method 'Automatic Release' and also enabled 'Update Existing Sourcing Rule'
5. Hit OK and the BPA approved
6. Immediately queried the item in Approved Supplier List form and the ASL appeared for Liquid Soap with Supplier xxxxx and under attributes the BPA was listed
7. Went to the Status Monitor and viewed the BPA did not go to the Background process.
Confirmed that the file version for the Creatpo workflow in the internal test instance was at: poxwfpoa.wft 120.20
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document