Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 29-Jul-2014
EXECUTABLE:OKS_BILLING_MAIN - Service Contracts Main Billing
Main Billing fails in preview mode for a usage line:
Service Line: 1 DP.Fax Comm Min. - Group 8 Service Account:
Covered Line: 1 OKX_COUNTER Name: OKX_COUNTER For Amount:
Reason: Error: User-Defined Exception. Error Message:
The log file has this message:
Calculate Price Error E
Calculate Price data
OKS_BILLING_PUB.Calculate_bill => MAIN LINE EXCEPTION RAISE User-Defined
OKS_BILLING_PUB.Calculate_bill => B4 opening cursor l_bill_line_csr line id
130970696140345150349880560222456387727 header ID 24002 line number 3
OKS_BILLING_PUB.Calculate_bill => Contract# : S0001764
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define a usage item to be priced at a unit price.
2. Define a counter group with these attributes:
Association Type = Service
Enter a service name in the Associations button.
3. Define multiple counters for this counter group.
Each counter has these attributes:
counter type = regular
uom = Each
usage item = usage item name
4. Create a Service Agreement using the Service Contracts Manager responsibility.
5. Create a service line, and enter the service name that is referenced in the counter group. This will instantiate a counter for that service.
6. Create a usage line with these attributes
Usage Type = Actual by Quantity
Period = Month (matching the billing period in the billing stream)
Default = enter value
- Select one of the counters for the service.
7. Approve and sign the contract.
8. Enter a counter reading.
9. Run Main Billing in Preview mode. NO error occurs.
10. Open the contract for update and then add a new usage line, one that references the same service.
11. Run Check QA to return the contract to an Active status.
12. Enter a counter reading.
13. Run Main Billing in Preview mode. The error occurs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms