Disallow Request Update Restriction Functionality In iSupport Allows Notes To Be Entered
(Doc ID 559084.1)
Last updated on MAY 10, 2022
Applies to:Oracle iSupport - Version 11.5.10 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
In iSupport, for an SR with an SR Status that has the "Disallow Request Update" restriction enabled, the Note field is available, and after you enter a Note and click on Update button the confirmation is showing as the request is updated successfully even when the note added is not displayed in the SR.
Expect the when using an SR Status with "Disallow Request Update" restriction, the notes field should be disabled disallowing any notes to be added.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. define an SR Status with "Disallow Request Update" restriction enabled.
2. Create an SR in iSupport.
3. Change the status to the one with "Disallow Request Update".
4. the Notes field is presented.
5. after enter a Note and click Update, you get message "Service Request has been updated successfully."
6. the note is not added to the SR which is correct but the message is confusing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document