Error: APP-FND-01934: ORA-01006, On Counter Reading Update
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 11.5]
Oracle Service Contracts - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 22-Oct-2014***
When attempting to update a service contract usage item regular counter value, the following error occurs when saving:
APP-FND-01934: ORA-01006: bind variable does not exist in Package CS_CTR_CAPTURE_READING_PVT Procedure POST_CAPTURE_COUNTER_READING.
After the message, the regular counter is updated with the entered value, However the formula counter depending on the value of the regular counter does not reflect the change.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Prerequisites: 2 usage items and a service item need to be created in inventory.
1. Navigate to resp. Oracle Service Contracts Manager >> Setup >> Other >>System >>Service >>Counters
2. Create new counter group associated with a service. Enter any name for the group.
3. Add a new counter.Note the counter name should not contain spaces! Enter any name, e.g. CTR1. Set type to be Regular, UOM to be EACH, Other parameters are not required. Enter usage item with UOM each.
4. Add a second counter. Note the counter name should not contain spaces! Enter any name e.g. CTR2. Set counter type to be FORMULA. Set any kind of UOM.
5. Enter the formula: e.g. ROUND(37.65*:CTR1 ,2)
6. Save all changes
7. Create a new service contract and enter all required header data.
8. Enter the following lines:
a. Service Line using the service item to which the counter group is assigned.
b. Usage Line using the Usage item associated with Counter 1.
c. Usage line using the usage item associated with counter 2.
9. Enter all required data to validate and activate the contract. Then activate the contract.
10. After activation open the contract, go to lines tab, contracts sub-tab. Then click actions menu and select Counter capture.
11. In the counter capture window enter reading date for the regular counter, then enter new counter reading.
11. Click save and observe the error that appears.
12. Close the error screen, go back to counter capture window, select the Regular counter and click view history button. Note that the change has been saved.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms