Link by Responsibility Does not Work for Managers
(Doc ID 577419.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
On 184.108.40.206 in Production:
Have set "Timecard Status that Allows User Edits" according to metalink <note 430974.1> then a preference node has been created with 'Self Service Timecard Status that Allows User Edits' preference set to RETRO and assigned it to all employees.
Another preference node has been created too with 'Self Service Timecard Status that Allows User Edits' preference set to NEW WORKING REJECTED and assigned it to the three HR Employee SS responsibilities and one HR Manager SS responsibility that are used by employees and line managers to enter time cards.
Although this works for the Employee Self-Service responsibilities, the line manager still has the ability to change approved timecards of their direct reports, when this should also be disabled.
Expect to be able to edit the employee's approved timecards by their managers.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an Employee HRSS menu/responsibility that has the "OTL Self-Service Resource Time Menu" submenu available for timecard entry.
2. Create a Manager HRSS menu/responsibility that has the "Timecard Mgr" function available through a submenu.
3. Assign both these responsibilities to a person, and make the person the line manager for another person.
4. Assign the "OTL Authorised Delegate" and/or the "OTL Super Timekeeper" responsibilities to a third person.
5. Set the "Timecard Status that Allows User Edits" according to metalink Note 430974.1, such that the employee and line manager responsibilities SHOULD NOT be able to change approved timecards, whilst the "OTL Authorised Delegate" and/or the "OTL Super Timekeeper" SHOULD.
6. Login as the employee and create a timecard.
7. Login as the line manager and approve the timecard.
8. Log back in as the employee and verify that the timecard can't be changed.
9. Login as the "OTL Authorised Delegate" and/or the "OTL Super Timekeeper" verify that the timecard can be changed.
10. Log back in as the line manager and using Manager Self-Service go to the "Timecard Mgr" function.
11. Locate the employee then select "Actions"; The previously approved timecard is still available for edit, when it shouldn't be.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document