AME: Owner Can Approve Unchecked for Purchase Requisitions, But Requester Can Still Self Approve Requisition
(Doc ID 577685.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version: 12.0.4
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Purchasing the ‘Owner Can Approve’ option is unchecked for Purchase requisitions in
Setup / Purchasing / Document Types / Purchase Requisitions.
AME builds the correct approval chain in iProcurement requiring the supervisor to approve the requisition,
however the user is able to change the managerial approver to self and approve the requisition without
Expect to see owner cannot change approver to himself.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Owner Can Approve (Purchase requisitions) = No
2. Create requisition in iProcurement
- see supervisor as the default approver since owner cannot approve
3. Click Manage Approvals
4. Choose Change Managerial Approver ans select self (preparer) as the approver.
5. Apply / Apply
- no errors
6. Proceed through checkout and submit the requisition
- the requisition is approved by the owner (preparer) without warning or error.
Due to this issue, users are able to approve their own requisitions when ‘Owner Can Approve’ option is unchecked.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document