Layout Not Applied To Concurrent Requests Spawned By An Alert
(Doc ID 577852.1)
Last updated on JULY 17, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Alert - Version 10.5.0 to 12.1.3 [Release 10.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 31-May-2013***
Oracle Alert allows different kinds of actions to be triggered as part of an action set:
- Concurrent Program
- Operating System Script
- SQL Statement Script
The action type named concurrent program will automatically submit a new concurrent request when this action is part of an active action set. The problem is that for XML Publisher related programs, the application does not provide a method to define the Layout Template for these kind of actions. As a result of that the XML Publisher engine is not called by the concurrent request hence the final report is not generated as expected.
Though the concurrent request spawned by Oracle Alert does complete successfully, the View Output will only show the XML data file due to the fact that the Layout Template was not applied to it.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new concurrent program having the Output Format set to XML
- Create a data definition and layout template for this concurrent program
- Create a new alert
- Create an action of the type Concurrent Program which will submit the new concurrent program
- Create an action set for the alert
- Add the action to this action set
- Check the alert (Request --> Check)
- Result: the concurrent program only generates an XML output file.
Creating a new Alert based on concurrent program that makes use of XML Publisher.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document