The Event 'Add Ship To Group' Is Not Triggering An Agent That Is Set To Listen For This Event.
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
Agent event 'SHIPMENT GROUP - ADD SHIP TO GROUP' is not triggering the agent when the agent is listening to this event.
-- Steps taken to replicate:
1 - Navigated to: Business Process Automation > Agents and Milestones > Automation Agent.
2 - Created a new agent:
- ID = Agent SHIPMENT GROUP - ADD SHIP TO GROUP
- Agent Type = Shipment Group
- Active = on
- Event = SHIPMENT GROUP - CREATED
- Restrictions = Internal and User
- Saved to Grid.
- Event = SHIPMENT GROUP - ADD SHIP TO GROUP
- Restrictions = There are no restrictions that can be added.
- Saved to Grid.
- No Saved conditions.
- ACTIONS tab:
- Set to NOTIFY CONTACT
- Contact set to have a valid email address.
- Communication Method = EMAIL
- Clicked Finish to save the Agent.
3 - Created 3 shipments:
- OR 1 is on Shipment 01166
- OR 2 is on Shipment 01167
- OR 3 is on Shipment 01168
4 - Navigated to: Transportation Planning and Execution > Shipment Management > Buy Shipments.
5 - Searched for the 3 shipments.
6 - Selected the first 2 shipments 01166 and 01167.
7 - Navigated to Actions > Manage Groups and Charges > Create Shipment Group.
8 - Shipment Group UI is displayed that needed the following set:
- Type ID = EXPORTER
- Source Location = Set to the be same as on the order.
- Destination Location = Set to the be same as on the order.
- Clicked Finish.
9 - Order Group 20080522-0001 successfully created.
10 - Email was sent and received from G-Log Adviser with the topic:
Shipment Group 20080522-0001 - CREATED
11 - Returned to the OTM Buy Shipments UI.
12 - Selected the last Shipment ID = 01168.
13 - Navigated to Actions > Manage Groups and Charges > Add Shipments To Group.
14 - In the next UI added the Group ID of 20080522-0001
- This found one return, selected it and clicked Finish.
- A message was displayed showing:
"The shipment group(s) has been updated successfully."
15 - No email was received.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms