Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2015
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.0.4 to 12.0.6 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Items are imported from legacy systems using the Item Import application program interface (API). The Purchasing categories are assigned or updated through the API.
When a user logs into iProcurement and searches in the main store, they expect to see the items under the Shopping categories but they do not display. Users can search for the item and it will display in the search results without a shopping category.
In order for the item to display using the category hierarchy, the user may query up the item in core application item form and change the Purchasing Category then save the record.
Recent Changes: upgraded to 12.0.4
Workaround manually update the Purchasing Category on items, to get the items to display in iProcurement.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. After items are imported to the Application, log into iProcurement.
2. Click on Main Store link. The page indicates that there are no categories available.
3. Log in to Oracle Purchasing or Oracle Inventory.
4. Query a purchasing item.
5. Change the purchasing category and save.
6. Return to iProcurement, and see the category and item are now found under the Main Store.
Upgrade to release 12
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms