Open Document From Notification Does Not Prompt For Responsibility To Switch Organization Context
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 11.5.10 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Default Worklist is used to open more than one Approval Notification at a time. The
OPEN DOCUMENT link is then used by the Approver to make adjustments to the PO before it is submitted for Approval.
When multiple Purchase Orders (PO) for different organizations are opened in sequence using
the Open Document link, and the Core Purchasing session is left open after modifying the first PO, the second PO opened cannot be queried
Steps for the Case:
1. Enter the core application as a Buyer
2. Selected a valid Purchasing responsibility
3. Navigate, Purchase Order, Purchase Orders
4. Create and submit for approval the first PO
5. Switched responsibility to another valid Purchasing responsibility
6. Create and submit for approval the second PO
7. Enter the application now as the Approver
8. Under the default worklist, click on the approval request notification for the first PO
9. Click the Open Document link.
10. Select a valid Purchasing responsibility
11. Modify the PO and Save
12. Close the PO form but leave the core application open.
13. Go back to the notification page for the first PO
14. Click on 'Return to Worklist' link at the bottom of the page
15. Open the approval request notification for the second PO
16. Click the Open Document link.
Note that Step 16 should Open the Core Apps and display the list of responsibility, but instead of switching the organization or displayingthe list of responsibilities to switch the organization, it uses the same context that was first set. This cause the find for the second PO to fail.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms