With Scalability On, the User Role Change Does Not Always Work
(Doc ID 727013.1)
Last updated on MARCH 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.04.02 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With Scalability (SCA) turned on, when you change your user role via the blue spot on the top of the screen (must be configured to do so), the assigned functions to the role are not (always) scaling over all the app servers.
Note: You will not see this issue if SCA mode is switched off.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on SCA with 2 app servers on a UI cluster.
2. Create a user role <ROLE1> with assigned function claim.view.
3. Create a second user role <ROLE2> with assigned function claim.view and claim.update.
4. Create a user and assign <ROLE1> to this user.
5. Add this user to user grants in <ROLE2> as well via user role manager.
6. Log in with this user and try to update a claim with this user. Get error message as expected, since this role only has claim.view access.
7. Change user role to <ROLE2> via blue spot on top of UI screen.
8. Try to update the claim again. Get error message, user is not allowed to update. Even while using the new role having claim.update rights, the error occurs. The role having claim.update rights should not get the error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document