With Scalability On, the User Role Change Does Not Always Work
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5.04.02
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 22-Mar-2010
Note: You will not see this issue if SCA mode is switched off.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Turn on SCA with 2 app servers on a UI cluster.
2. Create a user role (ROLE1) with assigned function claim.view.
3. Create a second user role (ROLE2) with assigned function claim.view and claim.update.
4. Create a user and assign ROLE1 to this user.
5. Add this user to user grants in ROLE2 as well via user role manager.
6. Log in with this user and try to update a claim with this user (will get error message, that's OK because only have claim.view access).
7. Change user role to ROLE2 via blue spot on top of UI screen.
8. Try to update the claim again (you will have error message, user is not allowed to update). Even while you are on the new role with claim.update rights.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms