Transaction Fails With "<requestor> lacks a supervisor, so AME cannot complete the chain..." Although TOP_SUPERVISOR_PERSON_ID Is Specified
(Doc ID 728725.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Approvals Management - Version 11.5 to 12.0 [Release 11.5 to 12.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Suppose the hierarchy is: emp -> mgr1 -> mgr2
The following error occurs when mgr1 requests approval:
mgr2 lacks a supervisor, so AME cannot complete the chain of authority for the transaction
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make sure the following is true:
- mgr2 does not have a supervisor
- TOP_SUPERVISOR_PERSON_ID = mgr2
- the action of the applicable rule is:
Require approvals up to the first two superiors.
2. Initiate a transaction (from the application or from the AME Test Workbench) as mgr1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document