How to Prevent Creation of Service Lines for Products That Are No Longer Sold
(Doc ID 730858.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 11.5.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create a contract that references an existing customer product and then set the Item Status for the product name to Inactive in the Master Item form. The contract can be renewed. Is this intended functionality?
If so, why does the application behave in this manner?
1. Create an item instance, instanceA, for product name serviceableitemA.
2. Create a service agreement.
3. Create line 1 for serviceA.
4. Create a subline, level = (Covered) Product. Reference instanceA.
5. Open the Master Item form and set the Item Status for serviceableitemA to Inactive.
6. Renew the contract. The reference to intanceA still exists. No QA error occurs when the contract is
renewed. Why does this occur?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!